Chubb PRS IT is seeking a qualified Smalltalk developer to join our development team. This Senior Programmer Analyst (SPA) position involves application enhancement activities for multiple strategic systems for a large Insurance company. In this role, the successful candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment enhancing and maintaining complex business applications.
Position Key Responsibilities:
- Participates on technology project teams; effectively interacts with business partners, Business Analysts, Architects, Quality Assurance Specialists and management; takes ownership and accountability for own work, as well as, the work of the team
- Adheres to project management methodology and standards applicable to assigned work
- Contributes towards defining timelines and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, effort, time and compatibility
- Generates more complex technical assessments, develops solution alternatives, evaluates options, and provides recommendations considering efficiency and cost effectiveness to achieve complete solution development, problem resolution and/or system maintenance that meets the business need.
- Complies with architectural and coding standards; considers re-use of existing software structures along with future maintainability of solutions.
- Develops and executes test scenarios and test cases for unit and integration testing
- Delivers quality solutions for both new and existing applications of varying complexity and scope while adhering to software development best practices; solutions are delivered in a timely manner, meeting or exceeding established SLA's or timelines.
- Collaborates effectively with third-party vendors as required.
- Participates in on-call production support of applications/platforms in multiple environments; escalates issues following procedures to minimize system downtime.
- Ensures full compliance with all IT policies, procedures and controls.
- Adheres to ITIL processes and procedures for change, release and problem management following established best practices.
- Mentors developers within the department and within Chubb approved consulting teams.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.