*** Must be a US Citizen with a Current US Government TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance ***
***Must be located within commuting distance of our Annapolis Junction, MD OR Herndon, VA locations and be able to work onsite 3-4 days per week***
What You'll Do
CX Americas, US Public Sector Advanced Services delivers innovative, end to end, optimized networking and architecture solutions to public sector IT leaders who are accelerating their mission by transforming their IT. Serving the U.S. Federal government, state and local governments, education, and publicly funded healthcare, we provide senior technical expertise, deep knowledge of the public sector domain, and a strong commitment to the missions of this unique group of customers.
The Network Consulting Engineer position is responsible for the support and delivery of Advanced Services Network Optimization, Security, and/or Unified Collaboration services to Cisco's Tier 1 Customers in the US Public Sector market. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer" working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and able to rapidly respond to escalated issues. With a top-tier mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent customer relationship skills, you're well positioned to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with customers.
Who You'll Work With
The National Security Operations team is comprised of geographically dispersed engineers that design, architect, and support work on critical networks with leading edge Cisco solutions. This team is leading the way in providing foundational engineering and operations support with the expectation for networks and data centers to perform at the highest possible levels. We work with our customer in getting their infrastructure ready for future architectures and solutions and assisting them in navigating through proof of concepts and introduction of the same. Strong relationship building and social skills are traits of successful consultants in this organization. We are strongly focused on continuous development and training on new products/technologies that keep us in a leading position as industry network consulting leaders.
As part of this team, you will work directly with our customers and gain hands-on experience and exposure into their networks. You will collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact to our nation’s security. We will value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. You will work on network infrastructures and help to deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are
* Builds and maintains consultative / trusted advisor relationship with clients.
* Performs problem analysis and acts as technical specialist for the complex deployments and provides highest-level crisis management.
* Proven technical project management skills.
* Strong technical presentation skills to all levels, especially to Cisco and customer senior management.
* Leadership and mentoring skills.
* Ability to influence at senior levels in Cisco and customer organizations.
Role & Responsibilities
* Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complexity networking problems.
* Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
* Contributes to Virtual Teams.
* Provides ad hoc systems/product knowledge transfers.
* Assists in generation of standard project documentation including test plans.
* Assists in generation of network configurations from Low Level Design
* Assists in execution of project delivery including network staging, implementation and handover.
* Assists in Network Upgrade and Migration Activities.
* Assists customer with deployment of medium complexity tools and related Network Management Systems.
* Minimum 6-8 years of experience with a CCNA or a CCNP in Network Systems Administrators/Advanced Services (AS) / Network Optimization Service (NOS) and must have CISSP, or Sec+
* Experience with large scale Network Design, deploying, and maintaining networks
* Has a CCNP or CCNA, Certification. CCIE is highly desirable, or demonstrated equivalent experience in any one of the specialties listed
* Must have DoD TS/SCI CI Polygraph and be able to obtain a Full Scope Polygraph clearance
* Adapt to different customer needs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Client facing experience.
Knowledge of one of the following technology areas:
Cisco UC/Collaboration, Routing/Switching, Data Center, or Security.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.