Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within 12 months of time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required
for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Acceptance Test Coordinator Lead Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nations core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to build and further advance GDMS technologies. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Tester Coordination Lead Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible and accountable for the Acceptance Tester technical planning, scheduling, cost analysis, risk analysis and successful execution of small to medium programs or major test development of a larger program containing substantial Acceptance Test content.
- Substantial contribution to test requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis and parametric analysis.
- Develops long range support plans for active and future Acceptance Test needs and works closely with Program Management to communicate those plans with customer representatives.
- Participation in the improvement of the test organizational processes
- Supports the generation of technical acceptance test capabilities by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the electrical/test development life cycle
- Leads the research and analysis of data, such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Leads small technical proposals and contributes to proposals
- May serve as a proposal cost or technical volume manager
- May supervise lower level employees
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Guides the successful completion of programs and projects
- Generally works with multiple work groups, including with senior levels of l work groups
- Generally works on diverse range of complex problems requiring ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction
- Generally has regular contact with project leaders and Program Managers and Senior Managers including external customers
- May function in a project leadership role
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve organization objectives
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong use and understanding of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods
- Strong understanding of test engineering processes
- Aware of business objective and Engineering role in achieving
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to recognize and clearly report information relevant to sound electrical engineering design
- Understands and applies basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Demonstrated ability to track scope growth
- Travel may be required
- SECRET Security clearance is required
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Strong ability to handle more complex problems
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises strong independent judgment
- Establishing core knowledge of all GDMS Pittsfield testers
- Coordination of the life cycle of the testers
- Identification of replacement testers
- Establishing spares to support the testers
- Identification of obsolete material and working with engineering on replacements
- Working with Program Managers to establish workload forecast for the Shipboard Electronic Repair Facility (SERF) Engineering Support
- Participate in on site and off sight meetings to present tester status, supportability, and utilization
- Background of Module and Power Supply Testers
- Visual Basic Programming
- C programming and UNIX
- GPIB (General Purpose Interface Bus) Communication
- SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instrumentation)
- LabView Programming
- Test Stand Programming
- Java scripting
- Kermit scripting
- Perl scripting
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED:
- Teradyne Spectrum 9100 Testers
- Test Studio Programming
- NH Research 8100i and 5700 Testers
- emPower Test Executive
- PowerBook Programming
- Module and Power Supply Test
- Test Engineering Process
- The test or implementation of COTs and NDI products
ABOUT GDMS PITTSFIELD, MA
Come work for General Dynamics Mission Systems in beautiful Berkshire County, located on the western edge of Massachusetts. The Berkshires are very family friendly with excellent schools. The housing market is very affordable compared to surrounding larger cities. General Dynamics provides exceptional salaries compared to other employers in Berkshire County which provides a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family.
The surrounding area is a cultural center for arts and theater, including established venues such as Tanglewood, Mass Museum of Contemporary Arts, The Clark and the Norman Rockwell Museum, to name a few. Berkshire County is also an outdoors persons dream location, with multiple lakes, nearby ski locations, golf courses and even the Appalachian Trail. Being part of New England, western Massachusetts also boasts four distinct and enjoyable seasons, from the comfortable summer months to the colorful fall and pristine winters.
As a small city with surrounding rural towns, Pittsfield has a reasonable cost of living and relaxing short commutes without giving up modern life amenities. We are centrally located in the northeast, providing easy access to all of the attractions New England can offer, such as Boston and New York City which are both less than a 3-hour drive away.
The Berkshire are Calling!
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly comp