Account Manager - Merchant Marine
Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Driving client' s Merchant Marine Revenue in the US & Canada
- Identify target lists of competitor services to bring across to client' s services
- Manage numerous existing small to medium sized accounts and seek to consistently upsell
- Be accountable for the execution of our client' s value proposition to the customer
- Pipeline management and sales forecasting
- Engage in regular customer visits and seminars
- Actively probe the market to report on customer requirements and competitive offerings
- Identify new market opportunities
- Keep abreast of our client' s Products and Services
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Direct Sales Experience with proven track record
- 5-10 years of Merchant Marine industry sales experience or selling or a dealer for electronic equipment / components / Radar on the bridge of vessels.
- Knowledge of key players in the US/Canadian Merchant Marine Sector
- Ability to communicate at the executive level
- Ability to grow existing accounts
- Ability to secure new business in traditional and non-traditional Merchant Marine Sectors
- Experience of solution selling into the maritime industry
- Strong knowledge of Bid Management including developing business proposals/propositions
- Good understanding of the wider telecommunications and satellite communication industries
- Proven ability to deliver target revenues over long lead times
- Effective negotiating skills and excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to travel extensively
- In depth knowledge of the client' s Maritime portfolio.
- Ability to articulate the client' s Maritime strategy and promote client' s capabilities to deliver industry leading connectivity solutions and safety services through global partnerships.
- Partner with customers to fully understand business requirements, issues, strategies and priorities in order to deliver value-added business solutions effectively.
- Leverage knowledge of industry, applications, and products in order to maintain and grow client' s revenues moving forward.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic business plans.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships at all levels including executive level.
- Overseas experience in varied working environments.
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.