Accounting Manager Prepaid Revenue
The accounting operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the financial results of T-Mobile are accurately presented to T-Mobile leadership under both US GAAP and IFRS. There are a variety of teams within accounting operations, each responsible for diverse areas of accounting, allowing for a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development across the teams. The various teams are responsible for areas such as corporate accounting, accounting policies, supply chain accounting, equipment sales accounting, revenue accounting, financial services accounting, and fixed asset accounting.
The Revenue Accounting team is seeking an individual contributor Manager that will work closely with and report to the Manager of Magenta Prepaid Revenue. This role will be responsible for overseeing the accounting close process, driving process improvements, and providing management for business initiatives impacting prepaid revenue. This role will be exposed to a highly dynamic and growing area of T-Mobile; the ideal candidate would work well through ambiguity, thrive off a rapidly changing environment, and possess excellent partnership and communication skills.
What you'll do in your role.
- Manage projects on behalf of the team through testing, deployment, and implementation.
- Assist in the monthly close process, ensuring all tasks are performed accurately and timely.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements and communicated to business partners.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation with a focus on writing requirements related to key business initiatives.
- Identify, communicate, and address risks impacting financial areas of responsibility.
- Drive process improvements with innovative solutions and implement best practices.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support enterprise projects, prepaid offers, and other business initiatives impacting prepaid revenue operations.
- Provide project management by setting clear project objectives, providing oversight, and contributing to a motivating team environment.
- Contribute to department goals and vision.
The experience you'll bring.
- Proven professional with solid understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems, US GAAP and IFRS.
- Deep understanding of business drivers and their effects on financial results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build trust and develop strong cross-functional relationships to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with all levels of management, cross-functional teams, and external business partners.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects with excellent attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to apply critical thinking in identifying, assessing, and resolving complex issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required. Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of accounting experience or 5+ years of public accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Large public company experience preferred.
- SAP, BPC, and Blackline experience a plus.