This successful company is seeking a detail-oriented individual to join their ranks as an Accounts Payable Clerk. This position could take your career to the next level. This Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk position is at a dynamic organization with a growing team, and will require the candidate to match, batch and code invoices, resolve A/P issues, process expense reports, update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, and process checks. The Accounts Payable Clerk role is a permanent position based in the Bergen County, New Jersey area.
What you get to do every single day
- Ensure compliance with company policies while carrying out daily processes and controls accurately and on time
- Fullfill full-cycle A/P
- Verify, log and send checks, including facilitating special handling
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Assist internal business partners with any customer services needs
- Help with internal and external audits as required
- Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
- Handle administrative tasks for the AP/Finance Department
- Sort, register, scan, and store invoices, checks, and other documents
Requirements - Strong organization skills
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- 1+ years of experience in an A/P role preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel experience required
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.