**This is for a proposal opportunity.**
**Position requires an in-scopeTS/SCI clearanceand polygraph.**
The Administrative Assistant position performs a variety of administrative duties providing mission support in one or more functions or business areas within the customer directorates. The nature of Administrative Assistant work varies from transactional in nature and requires general knowledge of basic administrative processes to moderately complex and very complex tasks which demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning; organizing; and decision making to fulfill work requirements.
Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or office
Answer routine telephone calls; direct calls and take messages
Greet and escort visitors
Retrieve; sort; and distribute incoming mail; newspapers; faxes; and other publications/documents
Arrange for the delivery of outgoing mail/packages with the mailroom
Prepare travel/training arrangements and process travel/training accounting/vouchers for the program office
Draft; proofread; edit and coordinate correspondence
Perform research and retrieve information from databases and other resources
Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archive files
Maintain; update and serve as focal point for databases or spreadsheets
Assist in planning; scheduling; organizing; and execution of meetings; events; conferences; and off-sites
Participate in meetings and events: may serve as recorder and may present position-related information
Prepare access rosters and request security clearance transfers
Assist in ordering supplies/equipment and arranging for office equipment repairs
Perform administrative back up support for other offices
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
Ability to communicate effectively and concisely using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.