Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
**About this role**
Our Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Medical Executive Director (MED) as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws. This position will organize office operations and perform administrative support work requiring application of varied work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity with policies, practices, and procedures of the facility. Works independently and assumes responsibility for multiple concurrent clinical or administrative projects and takes the lead and carries out specific projects as assigned.
**What you bring to the table**
+ High school diploma or equivalent required. College level courses preferable but not mandatory.
+ Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a secretary or administrative assistant, two of which must have been in support of upper management in the private sector or private/public partnerships.
+ Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet.
+ Ability to read and communicate in English.
+ High degree of empathetic listening, tact and kindness toward others.
+ Ability to communicate verbally.
+ Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
+ None required.
**What you will do**
1. Coordinates and prepares information for credentialing personnel; processes and maintains credentialing files and updates as needed; assures completion of required paperwork for a timely credentialing process. Works with credentialing consultant(s) for vendors/contractors when required.
2. Organizes and coordinates projects or communications that involve Psychiatry, General Medical, Clinic, or Pharmacy. Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and presentations as assigned to support medical services.
3. Maintains calendars and scheduling of activities for MED and Psychiatry. Assists with travel and expense reimbursements as needed.
4. Serves as meeting organizer and takes minutes of management committee meetings for Medical Staff Organization (MSO), Medical Executive Committee (MEC) and ad hoc medical staff subcommittees; and submits reports to the Medical Executive Director and Governing Board.
5. Organizes and distributes the monthly on-call schedule for Psychiatry (Physicians and ARNP). Maintains a record of the Psychiatry work schedule including vacations, time off, and per diem usage.
6. Facilitates communication between the facility and courts regarding psychoactive medication petitions.
7. Collects, tracks, and organizes performance improvement (PI) data for medical services as assigned by the MED.
8. Coordination and documentation of continuing medical education for MSO.
9. Coordinates, documents, and aggregates data for Professional Practice Improvement (PPE) activities as specifically assigned by the MED. Maintains medical staff files in a confidential manner.
10. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
11. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
12. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
13. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
**Our investment in you**
+ Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
+ Time off & leave benefits
+ Tuition Reimbursement
+ Parental benefits
+ Perks and discounts
+ And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/ (https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)
**Need help finding the right job?**
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
**Facility** _South Florida Evaluation and Treatment Center_
**Shift** _Day 8 hour_
**Recruiter** _Genevieve Gomez_