/At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work./
/You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential./
Scripps Pharmacy has three convenient locations on the campuses of Scripps Green Hospital in La Jolla, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego. The pharmacies provide new and refill prescriptions, prescriptions for specialty medications and they can transfer existing prescriptions from our inpatient pharmacies to our three Scripps Pharmacy locations. Our friendly, knowledgeable and highly trained team of pharmacists and support staff are available to provide immunizations, as well as consultations on medication use and over-the counter (OTC) products. This Pharmacist will be joining the tight-knit group at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.
Under the direction of the guidance of the PIC, the Clinical Pharmacist:
* Provides daily oversight of the dispensing workflow and technical and support staff.
* Provides patient services that include medication adherence, medication therapy monitoring, medication education and therapeutic drug and disease state management as authorized by a collaborative provider.
* Actively participate in medication dispensing, billing and collections.
* Ensures compliance with all laws, regulatory and professional practice standards.
* Support the quality assurance programs, performance metrics including customer satisfaction, financial budgets and targets and operations efficiencies.
This is a casual/per diem position with day shifts located at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. Shifts are 8 hours anytime between 7:30am and 7pm. Flexibility to float to other sites as needed.
*Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:*
* BS Pharmacy.
* California Pharmacist License.
* Knowledge of handling and processing insurances.
*Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:*
* Doctor of Pharmacy
* 2 year experience in retail pharmacy or hospital setting
**Organization:** **Scripps Mercy San Diego*
**Title:** *Ambulatory Pharmacist - Per Diem*
**Location:** *Central San Diego County-SAN DIEGO-SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL SAN DIEGO*
**Requisition ID:** *1063439*