Electrical Engineer Antenna and Feed Design Engineer
Job Code: SIS20180312-29065
J ob Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position will be responsible for providing Antenna Design support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit of Harris Corporation.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
Learn more about the end to end solution we provide for government and commercial organizations here: https://bit.ly/2vTHv9C
- Perform antenna design for a variety of systems including reflector feeds, single element antennas, and phased array systems ranging from 20 MHz to 50 GHz.
- Design of RF components such as OMTs, Diplexers, and Waveguides.
- Analyze antenna performance using tools such as HFSS, CST, GRASP, and MATLAB.
- Support system engineering with developing the detailed design requirements for the antenna.
- Develop antenna solutions for customers, often without firm requirements and challenging environmental or packaging goals.
- Analyze antenna performance in an integrated system (such as a radome enclosure or other frequency selective surfaces).
- Preparation of documentation and presentation of results of analyses/design to peers and customers.
- 6+ years relevant experience with a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous experience in antenna design engineering.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work individually or in teams.
- Experience designing antenna systems in the 60-100 GHz range
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.