Job Title Appraiser
Job Description Summary This position provides objective, impartial and unbiased opinions about the value of real property for a variety of clients and intended users. Performs a range of functions, including comprehensive and detailed market research, report writing and creating complex financial models, as well as significant client interaction and business generation.
Job Description Essential functions and responsibilities
- Research and assess property information
- Analyze data regarding comparable sales, listings and rentals
- Construct financial models, including discounted cash flow
- Prepare appraisals and other consulting reports that can assist the client with decision making
- Meet with existing and prospective clients
- Interact on a regular basis with clients
- May supervise and train a Junior Appraiser
Communication Proficiency (oral and written) Client Focus Detail Oriented Research Skills Problem Solving/Analysis Financial Aptitude Business Development People Development Important education
- Bachelors degree required in business, finance, real estate or economics
- Masters degree in Business Administration or related area preferred
additional eligibility qualifications
- 8 years of experience appraising commercial real estate
- 5-7 years of experience interacting with clients
- Expert proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel) and Argus
- Ability to develop appraisal business
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 95% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction. aap/eeo statement
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. other duties
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Note : This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.