Maintenance Design Group (MDG), the largest designer of transportation operations and maintenance facilities in the US, is now a part of HDR!
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. Thats why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR | MDG adds experience that spans over 700 projects since 1995, and insights that result in safe, efficient, and sustainable facilities. HDR | MDG professionals bring a fresh, innovative, and expert approach to the programming, master planning, and design phases of a project, complemented by equipment industrial design and building systems engineering (MEP).
HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Designer/Architectural Coordinator is an essential, valued member of the HDR/Maintenance Design Group (MDG) staff directly responsible for developing a major portion of our project deliverables. This person is a self-motivated, creative, and innovative individual, showing an ability to be a team player.
This position reports to the Region Manager or Facility Design Manager. Some travel to client sites or other HDR/MDG offices is required.
Typical Work Tasks / Duties:
- Facility programming, report writing, site master planning, developing specifications and construction documents
- Selection, coordination and layout of various aspects of design (vehicle maintenance equipment, site flow, etc.)
- Creating / using Building Information Modeling (BIM) to complete different levels of documents
- Submittal, shop drawing, and RFI review
- Conduct construction field observations
- Other design / engineering tasks as assigned. *LI-KY1
Keywords: Facilities, transportation, architecture, engineering, design, transit, Revit, Cad, design, planning Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in architecture or closely related field
- Experience in industrial design, facility planning, equipment layout, building mechanical or plumbing design, or work flow analysis strongly preferred.
- Command of Revit and AutoCAD, and knowledge of SketchUp
- Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to hand draw conceptual site and building plans
- Exceptional level of accuracy and detail
Why HDR At HDR, we know work isnt only about who you work for; its also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each others contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.