Achievement-oriented Assistant Controllers looking to work with a well-respected company in the Construction/Contractor industry, should apply through Robert Half. This Assistant Controller position consists of regulating the day-to-day of the accounting staff and providing updates to the Controller. We are seeking a self-starter with a demonstrated history of identifying issues and problem solving for this exciting Assistant Controller role. Apply today and learn more about this exciting role. This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Pleasanton, California area. Contact Jim Park of Robert Half today!
- Push accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Well-developed preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Provide regular account reconciliation to completion
- Promote to ensure a competent, trained staff through regular assessment, development, and goal setting
- Draw up numerous procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Sustain implementation and secure adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Partake in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Provide assistance to the accounting team during the closing process to make certain deadlines are met
- Generate relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, actual spend against budgets/outlook, and key financial metrics
- Dissect and generate Ad Hoc financial reports
- Distinguish and evolve process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Backfill for Controller when appropriate
- Additional responsibilities if necessary
Requirements - Deep technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Candidate must possess first-rate analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Noteworthy accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- CPA certification desired
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Command of financial reporting
- Financial analysis experience
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to multitask effectively
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.