PONDEROSA - ASSISTANT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Summary: Contribute to the success of the restaurant by assisting in the management of operations according to Inspired Concepts, LLC standards, policies and procedures. Operations include, but are not limited to, production, inventory, cleanliness, staffing, team member development, cash handling, safety, training and Guest service.
- Ensure proper set up of the entire restaurant mise en place.
- Ensure all food and beverage products are prepared according to specifications at all times.
- Review operational performance and productivity in accordance with goals and standards and assist with deficiency correction.
- Support sales efforts and general business transactions by developing courteous and productive relationships with Guests and vendors.
- React to Guest issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Professionally develop and coach team members.
- Coordinate inventory control and management procedures, quality control projects and physical inventories.
- Maintain 100% accuracy with labor management costs by monitoring and directing all fiscal reporting systems.
- Maintain a safe working environment by developing, implementing and directing safety programs.
- Work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain highest QSC standards at all times.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies Required:
· Bachelors Degree preferred but not required.
· Prefer prior hotel or restaurant management or similar discipline. Will accept a combination of relevant work experience, courses and certifications.
· Preferred minimum 1 year progressive experience in a restaurant management role.
· Proven leader within a restaurant environment with the ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their potential.
· Hands-on management style that emphasizes direct involvement in day-to-day operations.
· Excellent project management skills from conception to evaluation.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to deadline.
· Ability to formulate flexible strategies and actions plans to achieve results.
· Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports and presentations.
· Team player.
· Can-do attitude.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Effective interpersonal, influencing, coaching and conflict-resolution skills.
· Demonstrated creativity and sound business judgement.
· Advanced computer skills that include proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a POS system a plus.
· Ability to manage confidential information and maintain its integrity imperative.
· Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to stand up 90% of shift; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment
JOIN PONDEROSA STEAKHOUSE IN THE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER POSITION - APPLY TODAY!