Our Assistant Health Services Administratoracts as asupport subordinate to the HSA. In conjunction with the HSA include but are not limited to, monitoring and supporting the entire medical, dental, and mental health programs and activities on a daily basis.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Nursing, Hospital Administration, Public Health or Business Administration preferred
- Operational experience in correctional health care and delivery preferred
- Three (3) or moreyears minimum experience in administrative and supervisory experience preferred
- Organizational experience in operations and planning required
- Experience in managing budgets and analyzing contracts preferred
- Reports directly to and meets with the Senior HSA as necessary
- Prepares reports as required including monthly statistical, narrative, summary, financial and/or operational reports.
- Participates in planning, priority setting and the development of policies and procedures for health care activities that comply with facility and contractual requirements, ACA, NCCHC and state standards.
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the and performing the duties of the position
- Compares Utilization Management (UM) and Daily Operating Indicator's (DOI) statistics on an as needed basis. Responsible for insuring all reported statistics are reconciled monthly
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining required National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) or American Correctional Association (ACA) files
- Works with HSA preparing UM and claims reconciliation: coordinates with providers and claims department on a monthly basis to ensure that all provider claims are received and paid on time
- Will review and analyze site staffing patterns and make recommendations to the HSA as necessary
- Assists the H.S.A. in overseeing payroll and Labor Control and comments on accuracy and variances
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operation efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Maintains communication and good working relationship with facility administration, The Company employees, contract providers and outside agencies
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Medical Records function and all related processes
- Conforms to Local State and Federal regulations to include but not be limited to the following: a. Dress Code b. Safety and Security Regulations c. Procedures for Sick Leave, Vacation Time, and Educational Seminars. Scheduling and time sheet maintenance.
- Promote environment of positive attitude, challenging professionalism, and enthusiasm for daily tasks
- Provides good example for staff through attendance and punctuality at work
- Promotes cost control through: a. Effective supply inventory b. Staff Education c. Security Efficient utilization of supplies and resources X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees or their equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40 and 2 half-time employees at 20 hours each , are equivalent to 2 full-time employees). X Authority to hire or fire other employees, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer