Administration/ Assistant Principal
2019-2020 School Year
OZARK R-VI SCHOOLS
TITLE: ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL- SECONDARY
1. Baccalaureate Degree and a Masters Degree in Education
2. Valid Secondary Principal Certificate
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Ability to supervise teachers and staff
5. Excellent communication skills; ability to work with students, faculty and general public in a diplomatic, friendly and efficient manner
REPORTS TO: Supervising Principal
JOB GOAL: To assist the principal substantially and effectively in the task of providing leadership in developing, maintaining and supporting the best possible educational programs and services
1. Maintains discipline in the school through cooperation with teachers, principal and parents
2. Keeps daily attendance records and accepts responsible for the correction of attendance irregularities as directed by supervising principal.
3. Reports excessive absences to the parties of the student
4. Fulfills any other duties that may be assigned by the principal.
5. Aids in the instructional process of the school by working with teachers, parents, students and fellow administrators.
6. Oversees and evaluates high school staff as directed by the Principal
7. Assists principal in staff evaluations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be mobile within and between school buildings
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 11 month contract; compensated as per administrator's salary schedule
EVALUATION: Evaluated annually by supervising Principal
APPROVED BY SCHOOL BOARD: February 21, 2019