Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs basic systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Provides technical support, diagnoses and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Experience with Python & Perl scripting languages as well as Linux workstations.
8. Ability to review various formats of raw data, and determine how to parse out usable data for target application.
9. Provides assistance to higher-level systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
0-2 years of related systems engineering experience.
Previous experience working at a customer location preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Knowledge ofJava and Cloud Experience preferred.
Ability to speak and write professionally.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.