Associate Perioperative Support Technician(FT) Day, Perioperative Services
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Oct 09, 2020
Requisition # 200002AD
**Sign on and retention bonuses available up to $5,000***
Orients and completes the necessary competencies to perform a variety of essential environmental and material management functions that ensure patient safety, reduce the risk of hospital-acquired infections (HAC’s), and create safe, clean and sterile work environments for the operating room staff. May train as a member of the surgical team to perform assigned patient care in the intraoperative period.
**Responsibilities:** A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Masters environmental cleaning processes for all Perioperative areas including procedural and non-procedural spaces, restricted and semi-restricted spaces and all equipment contained therein.
2. Performs a variety of specific sterilization duties within the Main Operating Rooms (MOR) and other surgical areas and orients to prepare tables for various specialty procedures. Removes clean, unneeded equipment from OR and ensures trash and contaminated linens and instruments are properly handled and sent to appropriate destination. Handles blood, tissue, bodily fluids, recyclables and other materials safely.
3. Learns to perform “terminal cleaning”, an intensive cleaning process, ensuring that MOR spaces are free of infectious materials that cause hospital-acquired infections (HAC’s).
4. Performs rapid room turnovers using standards of OR sanitation and/or terminal cleaning and prepares OR after room turnover.
5. Cleans and maintains other areas of OR on a regularly scheduled basis.
6. Ensures that all cleaning equipment is sterile, safe, and properly maintained. Reports all faulty equipment to supervisor.
7. May be responsible to master floor cleaning and refinishing.
8. Learns to inventory case carts, and obtains supplies and equipment needed for safe and efficient patient care. Completes competencies to checks emergency case carts daily.
9. Supports staff in the maintenance of anesthesia specialty carts, nerve block room, and Birthing Pavilion.
10. Masters competencies to clean, maintain, and set up anesthesia equipment, including transducer set-ups, blood warmers, and fiber optic scopes.
11. Shadows Periop Support Techs (PST) in preparing special infusion devices (FMS and Level 1) for trauma and emergent procedures.
12. Orients to maintaining non-controlled medications for both anesthesia and intraoperative use.
13. Orients to clean and maintain equipment needed for specialty procedures.
14. Learns to maintain nursing specialty carts, nursing sets, all OR and anesthesia supply areas, and suture carts.
15. Learns to perform daily calibrations on anesthesia laboratory equipment.
16. Orients to maintaining and assembling disposable blood pressure monitoring equipment.
17. Ensures availability of gas tanks and regulators for safe transfer of patients. Maintains supply of personal protective equipment.
18. Orients to ensuring proper handling of sharps containers, and soiled linen and trash.
19. Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Anesthesia provider, learns to position patients for the administration of regional anesthesia and/or surgical procedures, orients to participating in the transfer of patients to stretchers, beds, and/or operating room tables, and learns to perform point of care laboratory testing.
20. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ High school diploma with 2 years of work experience required.
+ Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and coordinate work in a high stress environment (which involves responding to emergency situations and tight schedules) required.
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills preferred.
+ Ability to work independently and demonstrates reliability and strong attention to detail.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Must obtain BLS Certification within four (4) weeks of hire date
+ Currently Registered with the New Hampshire Board of Registration for Medical Technicians