Associate Veterinarian Countryside Animal Clinic of Sterling
Countryside Animal Clinic of Sterling, VA is looking for a full time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice!
Countryside Animal Clinic is a well-established small animal veterinary practice located in Sterling, Virginia, just 30 minutes west of Washington, DC in beautiful Loudoun County. We offer annual wellness plans and focus on comprehensive yet customized care and preventive medicine. Our excellent client service and quality patient care fosters long term relationships with our typically-compliant pet owners.
About our hospital:
* View our hospital Here:Countryside Animal Clinic Video
* Clinic was expanded and completely renovated in 2017
* Current clinic contains 6 exam rooms, a well-equipped treatment area, surgical suite, and 4 patient wards.
* In-house lab capabilities - IDEXX
* Digital dental x-ray amp; ultrasonic dental equipment
* Full body digital x-ray
* Flexible GI Endoscopy
* GE Logiq V5 Expert Ultrasound
* Parks-Doppler blood pressure monitoring
* Cardell pulse oximetry with capnography
* Onsite pharmacy
* Avimark software program amp; paper-lite EMR
What we are looking for:
* Positive and friendly personality
* At least 2 years experience
* Ability to build client relationships and deliver excellent customer service
* Ability to do routine surgical procedures and dental extractions
* Must be able to work alternating weekends Open Saturday 8am until 1pm.
* Long appointment times to allow for client education/bonding
* Vacation, sick leave, and CE days
* Generous CE budget
* Paid state license renewals and professional dues
* Health Insurance
* Unlimited earning potential (Pro-Sal)
* 401k eligibility
* Personal pet care benefits
* Emphasis on work/life balance
Click here for more information on our hospital:http://www.countrysidedvm.com/
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with our Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual strives to advance the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
* Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
* Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
* Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
* Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
* Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in VA.
* Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
* Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
* Manages time and tasks appropriately.
* Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
* Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.