POSITION SUMMARY :
Audits the accounts of County agencies, departments, tax collectors, various offices, grants and sub-grants and reports the results of the audit to County management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Must be able to perform an audit in accordance to auditing standards and to apply the principles of accounting and recognize their effects on specific operations as well as the County.
- Conducts audit examinations of the books and records of the County, various authorities and agencies as well as grantees and sub-grantees of Bucks County in accordance with auditing standards.
- Performs financial reviews and carries out special assignments.
- Analytical ability to recognize deficiencies, irregularities and inaccuracies during an audit or review.
- Conducts compliance audits in conformance with federal, state and AICPA regulations and requirements.
- Evaluates accounting systems in use throughout the county for efficiency, accuracy and internal control compliance.
- Organizes, properly compiles audit work papers; determines findings, suggests recommendations and procedural improvements; provides assistance and resolves problems; and prepares audit reports and management comments.
- Provides audit management with audit progress, audit findings and difficulties throughout the audit.
- Must at all times exhibit professional behavior, impose strict high level of confidentiality and avoid adverse comments related to any audits.
- Maintains CPE auditing requirements (monitored by management).
- Subject to professional status evaluation and progress.
- When in the field, must be able to assist the Auditors with technical information.
- When required, must direct a project and be independent of the other Auditors.
- When required, assumes supervisory duties in the field.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Any combination of experience and training which affords the applicant an opportunity to gain the above listed knowledge, skill and ability.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. (For Part time Auditor position-must be working toward graduating with Degree in Accounting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Auditing experience helpful.
- Possess a high level of confidentiality.
- Professional behavior; ability to work well with others, the person/department being audited and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.Lawson and Quickbooks experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions