Our Pastry and Bakery Department prepare all desserts for the Resort including Opals Confectionary. If you enjoy a fast paced environment and have experience as a baker, join our dynamic team.
- Consistently prepares various bakery items for all outlets, and Casino events with strong attention to detail.
- Always takes a proactive approach in ensuring that food handling/quality procedures are accurately and continuously followed and in accordance with F&B procedures.
- Always maintains constant awareness pertaining to all food products within specified restaurant dessert coolers, and ensures that food items are properly rotated to maintain freshness.
- Continually assists in maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the kitchen and bakery areas.
- Continually demonstrates knowledge and exceptional safety standards when operating various kitchen/bakery equipment.
- Consistently prepares various bakery items to meet the needs of Turning Stones guests.
- Effectively converts and proportions recipes to suit product requirements.
- Assists with controlling food cost by ensuring proper management of product waste.
- Eliminates waste of product by using menu mix and specials to ensure food items are used to full potential.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of sanitation procedures and ensures application.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma required. A.O.S. degree is preferred.
- Must possess one year previous Pastry and Baking experience.
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills.
- Ability to organize/prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must possess mathematical ability; recipes, cost out cost analysis, etc.
- Must be able to utilize mixers, dough formers, sheeters, bakery ovens and bagel formers.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
Position Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position requires constant bending, pushing, pulling, kneeling, standing, walking, simple grasping, manual dexterity, reaching over the shoulder and twisting.