JOB TITLE: Cook 1
REPORTS TO Chef, Kitchen Manager, or Department Manager
An entry-level position help with preparation of food and some cooking.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to move and work fast and energetically.
- Able to work on feet for an eight-hour shift.
- Has manual dexterity to use knives and other kitchen implements in food preparation.
- Non-smoker on the job.
- Able to move up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Neat and clean in appearance.
- Able to communicate in English with employees.
- Able to hear instructions in a noisy environment.
- Able to understand and carry out simultaneous instructions.
- Needs to have food handlers permit (We will show you how).
- Able to read and understand menus and recipes.
- Owns knives preferably.
- Prepares, cooks, serves, and cleans in a fast, efficient, and timely manner. Emphasis is on vegetables, salads, and garnishes, etc.
- Has manual dexterity to use knives and other kitchen implements in food preparation and cooking.
- Moves food, materials, and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Maintains a high energy level and is able to work fast and stand on feet for entire shift.
- Maintains a hygienic workstation and product.
- Adheres to all Board of Health regulations and practices.
- Cleans and restocks refrigerators.
- Reads and understands all recipes in use.
- Regular attendance is required in a timely manner.
- Is courteous and hospitable to guests and employees alike at all times.
- Keeps area, equipment, work surfaces, and tools clean and sanitized. Takes responsibility to ensure general work area is clean and safe. Cleans up after self and at end of shift. Always works safely.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Performs other duties as directed or as needed.
Management reserves the right to change job descriptions at will.
Temple Square Hospitality https://templesquare.applicantpro.com