Daily Provisions is your neighborhood café, where going out feels like coming home. Opened in 2017 by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, we’ve developed a devout following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and our famous Bacon, Egg and Cheese, grab a Chicken Milanese Sandwich for lunch and end their day with a Rotisserie Chicken and seasonal sides for dinner
The only way we can do what we do is with the strong belief that while this is a workplace, we are also a family. As we prepare to bring Daily Provisions to the West Village and Upper West Side, we are building our team. Our Team Members love food and drink, work hard and understand that in our fast-paced environment, the only way to win is by leading with hospitality.
Generous benefits package includes health care, paid time off, 401K plans and delicious meals. Oh…did we say Crullers?
Our Barista must have a strong knowledge of specialty coffee, an appreciation for loose leaf tea preparation, as well as a desire to learn more about and develop their craft. Our Barista must be comfortable working with and maintaining top-of-the-line equipment such as, Synesso MVP Hydra, Mahlkonig EK43 and Nuova Simonelli Clima Pro Grinders. We will serve Forty Weight Coffee, a specialty coffee roasting company based in Ithaca, NY and teas from In Pursuit of Tea.
As a barista at Daily Provisions it is your job to make the guest feel welcome by exuding warmth and genuine hospitality. Our barista must thrive in a high volume environment, while working closely with their co-workers in a team oriented atmosphere. The Barista will also act as a cashier, so must be comfortable handling cash and performing credit transactions. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity.
- Familiarity with current trends in the specialty coffee and tea industry, i.e. origin profiles, coffee processing methods, proper espresso extraction, single origin espresso, brew ratios, nitro cold brew
- Must possess passion for coffee and ability to prepare classic espresso beverages (cappuccinos, macchiatos, cortados etc.)
- Must be comfortable dialing in espresso
- Must have the ability to pull great shots consistently (you must have pulled a shot within the last three months)
- Must have genuine interest in interacting with guests and creating regulars
- Ability to create latte art is preferred
- Must be comfortable handling cash and credit cards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
More detail about Daily Provisions part of Union Square Hospitality Group, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/81214-daily-provisions
As a Barista, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us. We are willing to train.