Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Responsible for selling and serving food and beverages in an efficient; professional manner according to Native Grill & Wings standards. Each server’s primary objective is to WOW the guest so they will want to return again and again.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete all assigned opening duties to prepare the bar for efficient operation.
• Greet bar guest with beverage napkins and serve guests in a professional and timely manner. Offer two specific drinks by name prior to taking beverage order.
• Shake hands with guests and introduce yourself. Ask for the guests’ name so you can personally recognize regular guests.
• Inform the guest of any on-going promotion.
• Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages and menu items.
• Prepare alcoholic, non-alcoholic and other beverages for guests and servers in accordance with standard recipes.
• Receive, garnish and serve food orders to guests seated in the bar.
• Prepare all condiments to garnish drink orders.
• Appropriately garnish drink orders.
• Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the POS system.
• Place guests’ check in front of guest after a new item is ordered. This confirms that you have charged the guest for the correct amount of drinks. It also helps you monitor their alcohol consumption so over serving is never an issue.
• Offer two specific appetizers by name when delivery guest’s drink orders.
• Apply knowledge of the full menu, beverages and other restaurant information such as restaurant and bar hours, promotional events and types of payment accepted.
• Make drink orders for the well after receiving a ticket from your bar printer. Be sure to fully read the ticket for any modifications the guest has requested.
• Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations pertaining to alcohol service.
• Clear and reset bar top and tables in the bar area.
• Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make correct change (if applicable).
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed. Inform management of inventory shortages.
• Account for cash transactions, charge transactions and balance cash drawer to sales each shift.
• Complete assigned opening, running, and closing duties. Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies as needed.
• Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations as directed by the manager or general manager.
• Maintain a clean bar at all times by wiping the bar regularly, disposing of debris and bottles. Wash and sterilize glassware behind the bar as needed. Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
• Check and maintain stock of glassware, beverages and bar supplies throughout shift.
• Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
• Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to management.
• Assist with answering the telephone, taking messages or to-go orders, and directing calls as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.