Black Hammer Brewing is hiring bartenders to join the team at our newest location, Willkommen, our new beer garden and restaurant in the Castro/Hayes Valley neighborhood. Our new home is located in a sunlit solarium-like space with 20' high ceilings, 14' maple trees, a living wall and a Bavarian/Modern Berlin bauhaus beer hall vibe. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funky, fun and local brewery and to bring your expertise into the world of craft beer!
Our ideal candidate will play an integral role in ensuring our guests have exceptional dining experiences. This individual will be passionate about craft beer, and thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our guests. The ideal candidate will have a friendly, outgoing disposition, and previous experience working as a Bartender in a fast-paced restaurant setting.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
• Assist customers in their beer selections by effectively communicating information about our beer styles and brewing process
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
• Memorize our food and beverage menus and make recommendations to our guests
• Serve pours in accordance with Black Hammer Brewing's quality standards
• Operate and troubleshoot draft equipment and move and change kegs as necessary
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of bar area and dining rooms
• Open and close according to Willkommen opening and closing procedures
• Assist during private events and special releases as necessary
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Desired Qualifications & Abilities
• Minimum 1 year bartending experience preferred
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Training required by start date
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A deep passion for craft beer is a must and knowledge about the brewing process is a bonus.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and holidays.
• Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol
• Ability to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
• Position pays $15.59/hr plus tips, estimated resulting total pay averages between $30-$40 hourly
• Free and discounted Black Hammer Merchandise
• Comp Beer and meal for every shift
• 50% off beer at Willkommen and our SoMa brewery