Summary: The billing specialist is responsible for coordinating patient and insurance billing for our multi-specialty orthopaedic group and providing patient care excellence by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for following entire revenue cycle from charge entry through insurance and patient payments.
- Answers telephone, and responds to inquiries from insurance carriers, patients and co-workers.Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies resulting in overpaid/underpaid accounts.
- Contacts patients regarding collection of outstanding balances.
- Establishes payment plans to help patients manage payment of bills.
- Confers with doctors, nurses, and other health personnel to assure complete, current, and accurate medical records.
- Retrieve messages from voicemail and forward to the appropriate personnel.
- Operates computer to process, store, and retrieve health information.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two to 3 years related medical billing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medicare experience preferred.
- Detail oriented, outgoing and professional.
- Previous medical billing and surgery billing experience required.
- Experience with billing program software preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS codes and documentation guidelines.
- Working knowledge of third-party insurance.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Prior customer service representative experience beneficial.
OAA Orthopaedic Specialists has been the preferred choice of the Lehigh Valley for comprehensive orthopaedic care for over forty years. Our mission is to be the regions premier medical provider focused exclusively on orthopaedic care. To achieve this mission, OAA Orthopaedic Specialists seeks to employ individuals that strive to put the needs of our patients first and foremost. With internationally-renowned physicians, state-of-the-art technologies, and various locations, OAA is home to some of the areas best and brightest employees.
Our employees strive to provide a quality patient-centered experience to our patients and their families. OAA offers a great benefits package to include Health/Dental/Vision, Company paid Life/LTD and AD&D insurance, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
OAA is an equal-opportunity employer