Illuminate HC -
Join Our Team!
Illuminate HC is searching for a Billing Specialist to join our team in Brighton, Michigan. We offer a collaborative and supportive work environment, highly competitive compensation and a suite of best-in-class benefits.
Illuminate HC empowers post-acute care teams to achieve exceptional clinical, operational and service standards. Using innovative staffing models, patented technologies and a never-say-never attitude, we are working to:
- enhance the lives of our patients and our employees
- re-think and re-tool how care is delivered
- support highly engaged care teams who share our passion for quality and innovation
- redefine the reputation of skilled care and its role on the quality care continuum.
We put HC in our name because we are as committed to exceptional healthcare as we are to developing human capital. The people at Illuminate HC are our greatest asset. Everything we do is designed to help them achieve remarkable things on and off the job.
As Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for the daily accounting functions and billing for our facilities, including financial record keeping, billing and collections for various accounts and payer types this includes Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care Insurances. Job responsibilities include:
- Balance individual patient accounts and provide copies of statements.
- Complete monthly payment of patient insurance account changes.
- Verify appropriate authorization for insurances.
- Review monthly revenue reconciliation report for appropriate charges to each account.
- Create and distribute monthly billing statements.
- Post monthly remittance advices.
- Assist with reconciliation of adjustment to accounts.
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing system.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with regard to patient accounts and insurances.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and able to communicate effectively with residents, vendors, and all facility personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance.
- Advance computer skills and experience with CHAMPS, Web-Denis, DDE.
- Critical thinking skills, sound judgement and decision making skills, strong organizational and follow-up skills; attention to detail.
Illuminate-HC is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: