Build & Release PM
Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Own and develop the detailed engineering build plan for all engineering development builds
- Own and develop the build configuration plan outlining all configurations in detail that are scheduled to be built at each build milestone
- Manage device allocation process and tools to collect build needs, requited configurations and management of allocation to individuals and teams once devices are built.
- Build schedule development and management using provided templates/process o High level – compile, build and publish to team o Daily Build Plan – Compile, Build and Publish to team
- Device Outbound / Inbound shipment management & tracking
- Manage a materials coordinator to ensure timely and accurate procurement of consigned input materials for the builds with sufficient lead times
- Work with various engineering teams to ensure quality and completeness of BOMs and required materials for factory preparation and readiness in advance of builds.
- Work closely with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers, and program managers to meet program goals
- Support deviations to the build and the adjustments required to the BOMs to support realignment of the build schedules
- Find solutions to material availability issues so that builds occur on schedule
- Manage the builds at the factory & the tier 1 partner teams
- Daily build status reporting
- Monthly Build Budget tracking and reporting
- Relentless attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Strong project management capabilities
- Well-versed in a variety of component technologies from electrical to mechanical
- Strong understanding of PC/Laptop/Tablet hardware components
- Minimum BS/MS degree in EE, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive MS Project and Excel Experience
- Program Management strengths must include the ability to direct the work of component and sub-system suppliers to meet overall program objectives
- Strong communication skills are required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical components, mechanical components (such as molded plastic and metal parts), sheet metal parts, connectors, cables and adhesives as well as standard documentation associated with mechanical components (2D drawings, 3D CAD)
- Must have experience in prototype PCBA and box build, high-volume a plus
- Must work closely with others across functions in a team environment and self-directed when required
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Domestic and international travel as needed to support builds (up to 20-25%)
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.