Quaker Steak & Lube® Bus Job Description
Purpose: Clean and sanitize tables, small wares, dishes and equipment to meet Guest’s expectations every time. Assist all FOH Team Members in the dining experience.
Primary Duties: Team Members achieve success in the Bus position by effectively accomplishing the following responsibilities:
· Knows and follows safety guidelines
· Displays a positive attitude.
· Practices safe food handling and storage.
· Ensures the work area and equipment is clean and sanitized at all times.
· Willingly helps other Team Members when needed.
· Upholds company and brand standards.
· Notifies manager of positive and negative feedback from Guests.
· Follows procedures to properly preset and reset dish room.
· Properly cleans and de-limes dish machine.
· Busses tables and keeps the dining area clean and free of debris.
· Cleans dishes, removes trash, cleans department etc.
· Understands the Steps of Service from the Green Flag to the Checkered Flag.
· Assists servers throughout the shift by performing table maintenance
· Clears, cleans and resets tables as needed within 1 minute.
· Assists bartenders and servers by stocking ice.
· Cleans and restocks restrooms every 30 minutes.
· Vacuums, sweeps the floor whenever needed to maintain cleanliness.
· Greet Guests (when applicable) with a smile and sincere
· Always portrays an enthusiastic FRANK attitude.
· Inquires with departing Guests about their visit to Quaker Steak & Lube®. Bids farewell to all Guests and invites them to return.
· Upholds and maintains cleanliness standards in all areas of the restaurant.
· Empties trash cans into the dumpster and helps to maintain that area.
· Makes servers aware of any special requests at their tables.
· Performs various tasks delegated by management. These may include but are not limited to sweeping, cleaning and other side work duties, etc.
· Completes perimeter checks as needed.
· Completes all opening, ongoing and closing side works.
· Gets checked out by management before leaving the building.
Physical Requirements / Qualifications:
- Lift and carry cases of food, supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Carry bus tubs weighing up to 40 pounds
- Frequently bend, stoop, reach & be able to use arms above head/shoulder level.
- Climb a ladder or “step-up” to reach supplies stored in overhead areas.
- Stand/walk for shifts up to eight hours
- Perform maintenance duties as required
- Operate all department equipment, including dish machine
- Able to relate well with people.
- Prior cleaning experience in a restaurant is preferred but not required