Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Energy division is seeking a Business Analyst to join our Energy Sustainable Use team helping commercial and industrial electric customers save energy and money. DNV GL has been retained by a large utility to manage its Commercial and Industrial energy efficiency programs. This position is based out of our Oak Brook, IL office.
Tasks may include
- Analyze program data such as energy savings, incentive calculations and application status to create management reports to streamline operations
- Identify trends in program performance and create program performance benchmarks
- Identify and create specifications for data base improvements
- Perform quality control on program data prior to developing monthly reports, regulatory reports and invoices
- Perform Data base (Access, Oracle and SQL Server) queries and program data analysis as requested from client
- Develop, streamline and automate energy efficiency program processes
- Perform market research
- Provide flexible support to other team members on an as-needed basis
- Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline. Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience analyzing data, preparing data intensive reports, developing inferences from the data.
- Experience leading teams is a plus
- A proven grasp of database and analysis tools such as Access, Oracle ,SQL Server and Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to solve business issue.
- An expert level skill working with all functions including pivot tables and vlookup and sum functions are required
- Energy efficiency experience is preferred, and the ability to learn how energy savings are calculated is required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills for customer and client communication
- Most importantly, this individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment.
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.