At Amazon Web Services (AWS) in NYC, we are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join AWS Data Exchange. The Senior Business Development Manager will have experience working in the third-party data industry and will work closely with AWS Media & Entertainment customers to understand their third-party data needs facilitate the delivery of ADX data products that deliver them immediate value.
AWS Data Exchange is democratizing the way millions of customers find, subscribe to, and use third-party data in the cloud. With thousands of data products from more than 180 data providers, we’re making it easier for developers, enterprises, and analysts to find the data they need to cure diseases, manage their food supply chain, and recommend the best movies when all you want to do is relax. As a recently launched service based in NYC, this is your chance to work in a start-up like environment within the world’s most successful cloud business. To learn more, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/data-exchange/
Key job responsibilities
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive adoption plan for third-party data across AWS Data Exchange customer base; work closely with Sales, BD, Partner, and Professional Services teams to identify third-party data needs across customers and lead engagements from evaluation through subscription
· Build, manage, and execute against a pipeline of third-party data opportunities across AWS Data Exchange customer base; create repeatable business development plans based on overlapping needs across customer segments
· Convert inbound requests and organic traffic to third-party data products into paid subscriptions
· Engage in senior-level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business challenges and explore how third-party data can help achieve business outcomes and unlock business value
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics related to customer adoption
· Manage the sales adoption cycle of a third-party data subscription opportunity and partner with various teams to develop, propose and close new business through AWS Data Exchange
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
· Stay up to date on industry trends through conducting market research and participating in industry-specific conferences
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design/Development, or related field
· 7+ years of experience in an enterprise sales, business development or consulting role and developing new go-to-market strategies and exceeding revenue growth targets
· 5+ years experience working with data in the third-party data industry
· Experience carrying and exceeding $2M+ targets and/or quotas
· 7+ years of industry experience in third-party data industry of data licensing workflows, data agreements, and data governance processes
· Experience in understanding, developing, and presenting use cases for third-party data to power business outcomes across multiple industries
Regular and Reduced Time (F, R) jobs based in NYC and the surrounding vicinity (including the 5 boroughs - Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island) or US virtual jobs that could be performed in NYC:
The base pay range for this position in New York City is $162,690 - 220,109 (yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The base pay range for this position in New York City is USD $162,700- $220,200 (hr/yr). Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.