Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Business Integrity team protects users and ensures safe connections between users and businesses. We ensure our platform is a high-quality ecosystem for users, developers, page admins, advertisers and businesses to create and promote digital content. Our focus on data analysis, machine learning and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to enforce the quality of all promoted content at scale. We are an analytics & policy-driven operations team that thinks upstream to constantly implement solutions at scale through better automation strategies. We manage a wide variety of workflows and solve complex problems aimed at improving trust between our user community and commercial products - from improving our ad review & training systems, to handling policy questions/transactions, to operationalizing policy solutions at scale, to understanding insights & outcomes associated with our various policies, programs, and products.
1. Using natural curiosity, strong problem-solving skills and self-starter initiative, identify insights, risk-related gaps and propose solutions, geared towards the mitigation of harm to users on the Facebook platform.
2. Conduct extensive quantitative & qualitative analyses, ensuring that risks identified and solutions proposed are backed up by rigorous data.
3. Using systematic thinking, and acquired knowledge of our platform to anticipate roadblocks in advance
4. Prioritize projects through deep understanding of our KPIs and needs of our business partners.
5. Partner closely with Engineering, Product, Legal, Policy and Operations teams to understand problems from their perspective.
6. Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively across both technical and non-technical teams.
7. Design and build reports, dashboards and pipelines to monitor on-platform risk
8. perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform stakeholders about potential solutions related to product, protocol, policies and enforcement.
9. BA/BS degree.
10. 2+ years of experience dealing with complex, multi-faceted problems requiring creative and innovative solution development.
11. 1+ years experience working with SQL.
12. Demonstrated experience learning complex tools and technologies.
13. Experience defining measurements and applying statistical analysis to evaluate process performance.
14. Experience assessing, analyzing and resolving complicated issues, and distilling that complexity into simple and concise concepts.
15. Experience working without clear guidelines, solve ambiguous business problems: both individually and collaboratively.
16. Experience prioritizing, re-prioritizing, and handling multiple competing priorities.
17. Experience programming in Python or another similar data-pipeline building language.
18. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
19. Experience building data pipelines.
20. 1+ years of experience working in risk analysis.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.