Work Hours 1st Shift
City De Pere
Description Key Responsibilities:
• Perform all duties adhering to Cummins NPower Safety Policies and Procedures
• Provide excellent internal and external customer support encompassing “Customer Support Excellence” philosophy and standards
• Actively practice the Cummins NPower Business Code of Conduct including setting an example of ethical behavior
• Based on MRP system- plan, purchase, and schedule supplier deliveries to meet business needs
• Work with suppliers to negotiate price, improve quality, and manage delivery
• Participate in efforts to track and manage inventory, safety stock levels, supplier stocking programs and VMI programs.
• Provide timely feedback to cells, production, and suppliers
• Read prints to assist in the engineering change and release process to minimize cost and update suppliers
• Assist in monitoring/maintaining FIFO process
• Monitor and record supplier quality issues
• Support customer orders by taking active role in line stock, bin stock, vendor managed inventory, and other warehouse activities
• Act as team representative in production meetings (and other meetings as needed)
• Keep production schedules and other systems up to date
• Handle supplier quality issues, follow up on rework and maintain rework records
• Participate in Lean and/or Six sigma team for process improvement
• Complete JSA assessments and submit forms on a daily basis
• May research and recommend possible new or additional suppliers
• Other projects and duties as assigned
Critical Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities by Dimension:
• BA/BS degree in Business or related purchasing field, or technical degree with equivalent work experience
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• MRP system experience - prefer Oracle based
• Experience or knowledge of supply chain management and purchasing fields
• Strong computer and keyboard skills to complete work
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
• Able to contribute to system improvement process
• Commitment to task and results oriented
• Strong commitment to safety
• Ability to work through conflict and use effective problem solving techniques
• Ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with customers and co-workers
• Willingness to learn from co-workers and train new team members as necessary
• Requires ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds using proper lifting tools/techniques.
• Tasks will require bending, stretching, standing, twisting, and climbing up and down
• Position requires wearing appropriate PPE at all times in work areas
At Cummins NPower, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
+ Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
+ Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
+ The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line (CanLogin.aspx?__JobID=*22F24A7CFA96A05D&__RT=*D356349294394CA3EAC10FEC2E7B083E9FD0C46B5088FAEE41E4B0610F57B975E6D7D70F724A1FC9)
Send This Job to a Friend
© Cummins Inc. All rights reserved. Cummins and its logo designs are trademarks of Cummins Inc.