Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates Ship Board CANES (Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services)system.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Codes applications and tests to CANES software requirements.
4. Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
5. Writes or updates software specifications.
6. Records all inputs and outputs of systems; including file sizes; data bank requirements; variability of information and appropriate statistical measures such as frequency; volume; peaking; etc.
7. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
8. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
9. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
This position also require a current Security + certification. This position has travel requirements; up to 8 weeks concurrently.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.