Right at Home
Performs nurse aide duties that provide for the physical and emotional needs of the assigned patients.
· Performs nurse aides duties, not limited to: personal care of the patient (bathing, dressing, or hygiene, toileting activities and feeding), transferring and ambulation activities, range of motion exercises, vital signs (temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, and blood pressure), and post mortem care.
· Receives direction in planning and carrying out nursing aide care.
· Observes and reports the physical and psychological condition of the patient including any changes.
· Reports safety hazards and unusual incidents involving patients, visitors or self to the office.
· Performs the following, provided that he/she has been trained, demonstrated competency and it is within the facility policy and state law; enemas, colostomy care, wound care and catheter care.
· The Certified Nurse Aide will NOT perform any of the following:
1. taking or transcribing physician orders
2. preparing and administering parental medications
3. activities outside the Scope of Practice for CNA as outlined in the State Practice Act.