We specialize in heart and vascular carewith the only cardiac catheterization lab in the New River Valley performing percutaneous coronary intervention - (stint and angioplasty) - as well as orthopedic and spine care, heartburn treatment at L ewisGale Hospital Montgomery s Heartburn Treatment Center and maternity services through our family-focused Birthing Center facilities with award-winning lactation consultants.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a 146-bed, general acute-care facility delivering comprehensive healthcareincluding a wide range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, orthopedic, emergency and outpatient servicesto residents of Southwest Virginia and the New River Valley.
In partnership with the three other hospitals of LewisGale Regional Health System, we provideyou with benefits from the financial, technical and professional resources of HCA, our parent company and the nations largest non-government hospital organization. At the same time, we offer the best features typically found at smaller hospitals where patients receive personalized treatment and high-quality, compassionate care.
What would you do in this role?
- Prepares and identifies patients, collects relevant information for completion of procedures.
- Performs all CT procedures.
- Observant of patients conditions.
- Practices radiation safety as described in federal standards, utilizing ALARA policy. Understands and operates electronic information systems.
- Compiles appropriate records to expedite results.
- Administers contrast media as required. If a RN is not available, certified technologists may have access to the emergency medications at the direction of the attending physician
- Participates in continuing education activities to expand/enhance knowledge of CT and to meet the continuing education requirements of the ARRT. Maintains current CPR-BLS certification
- Takes call after regular hours.
Preferred- 6 months experience as Radiologic Technologist
Preferred - One year dedicated CT experience.
Required - Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology . ARRT registered.
Preferred - As above, with ARRT certification in CT.