Job DescriptionWhole Foods Market is seeking a Career Development Associate Store Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager). The Career Development Associate Store Team Leader (CDASTL) is responsible for completing a structured leadership training program to prepare themselves to become an Associate Store Team Leader. As part of the program, the CDASTL will support store leadership in overseeing the daily operations of the store. Responsibilities include retail execution, attaining store financial performance, and safety & food safety performance goals, Team Member coaching, development and performance management, ensuring customer service standards are met, and completing all training required to graduate the program. CDASTLs that successfully complete the program will be promoted to an Associate Store Team Leader.
Whole Foods Market offers a comprehensive benefits program to Full Time Team Members including low premium health, dental and vision plans life insurance plans, generous paid time off plan, 401k plan, wellness programs, career learning & development, Team Member Assistance Program and a 20% (up to 30%) Team Member discount. We offer competitive wages and a great work / life balance!
Due to this being a set scheduled training program we strongly recommend that participants make every effort to reschedule planned PTO to fall outside of the program run dates, August to October 2022. Participants can miss up to, but no more than, three training days which are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
· Engages fully with all aspects of the CDASTL training program including, but not limited to: weekly training assignments, CDASTL Operational Learning Path, peer cohort discussions, STL Mentor discussions, team immersions, Regional Leadership meetings, in-person and/or virtual trainings, and capstone project.
· Partners with STL Mentor to create a personal growth plan and capstone project roadmap.
· Completes all curriculum assignments and capstone project on time to remain on track with their learning journey and graduate from the program.
· Maintains a thorough understanding of WFM store operations and merchandising processes.
· Oversees processes, programs, and initiatives including merchandising, marketing, quality assurance, training, and communications.
· Supervises daily operations and provides daily feedback to store leaders / teams regarding retail plan execution including; sales, margin, labor, merchandising, training, sanitation, marketing, and promotions.
· Drives decision-making and team focus through solid understanding of company operations and differentiation strategies.
· Drives exceptional customer service and maintains excellent community relations.
· Analyzes, compiles and completes necessary financial reports.
· Builds strong and supportive relationships with store and regional leadership.
· Demonstrates understanding of the interrelationships between various WFM department, operations, and functions.
· Works with key functional and operational stakeholders to ensure shared understanding of Operations priorities, objectives, and anticipated outcomes. Ensures recommendations and insights are shared with the appropriate leadership decision-makers.
· Achieve and maintain comprehensive knowledge of and ensure compliance with Employment Law, Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Weights and Measures.
· Understand, communicate and lead upon WFM Core Values, Leadership Principals and Declaration of Interdependence
· Know, communicate and support our Values in Action Achieve and maintain comprehensive product knowledge (Good Organics, Whole Trade, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· A high performing Team Leader or has equivalent leadership experience, preferably in retail or hospitality industries
· The ability to successfully drive results; supporting TMs and TLs to achieve the highest standards
· Well-rounded knowledge and application of all merchandising/retailing expectations
· Critical thinking with creative approach to problem solving
· Excellent judgment and decision making
· Strong communicator; ability to be precise, clear and convey enthusiasm
· Ability to train and inspire excellence
· Ability to delegate effectively
· Well organized with excellent follow through
· Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and all operations-related applications.
· High integrity, transparency and authenticity
· Solid understanding of and compliance with WFM policies, procedures and processes
· 2+ years of experience leading a team
· Customer Service Focus
· Team Building
· Employee Relations
· Store Operations (Inventory, Labor Management, Cost Control)
· Marketing (Pricing, Merchandising)
The position requires the willingness to take a position in a different store, within 35 miles or an hour commute from home. Flexibility to move beyond the current metro is highly desirable.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.