St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care. The Central Staffing Resource Registered Nurse is highly skilled professional nurse motivated by the challenge of providing care to patients in varied settings across the network. This role will meet the needs of the patients in a non-traditional model of care. This professional must possess a multidisciplinary skill set, be flexible with their assignments, and have the ability to travel to (3) of our Northern campuses that include Miners, Blue Mountain, Monroe and our new campus in Orwigsburg due to open Fall of 2019.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs in depth, systematic assessment of all assigned patients
- Formulates collaborative and individualized plan of care and identifies expected patient outcomes, using the nursing process.
- Implements, evaluates and documents patient care interventions and effectiveness in accordance with care plan.
- Organizes, coordinates and prioritizes patient care consistently utilizing available resources.
- Demonstrates competency in and current knowledge of cardiac monitoring and dysrhythmia interpretation and management, if appropriate to site.
- Functions as a professional role model and resource person providing guidance to co-workers.
- Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
- Takes active role in performance improvement and committees, as appropriate.
- Maintains responsibility for own professional development through active participation in in-services and/or continuing education programs.
- Complies with established chain of command for work related problems.
- Participates in identifying needs and supports goals and objectives that contribute to the growth of the network.
- Maintains records for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Collaborate with other caregivers to assure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 8 hours per day; 4 hours at a time. Walk up to 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 pounds. Frequently lift, carry and push objects up to 75 pounds. Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher with assistance when appropriate. Consistently pull up to 10 lbs. frequently pull up to 250 lbs. with assistance when appropriate. Frequently stoop and bend, crouch, kneel and climb. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Occasional crawling Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Frequently finger and handle objects. Occasionally firmly grasp, twist, and turn objects with hands and fingers. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and visual monotony (e.g. computer screen).
Graduate of a Professional Nursing program. Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania and/ or New Jersey. Upon hire must seek licensure through reciprocity in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey (whichever is needed) prior to campus specific clinical orientation.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years of hospital nursing experience preferred. Evidence of successful completion of an IV/Medication calculation and the Dysrhythmia course. Individualized orientation program for all areas. Evidence of successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) (if in Critical Care or Emergency Room). Basic computer skills. Cross campus training requirements
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.