Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
**About this role**
Our Certified Medication Technician is responsible for all aspects of medication administration within the scope of his/her certification and under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse.
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates!
**What you bring to the table**
+ High School graduate or equivalent
+ Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Technician Course
+ One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
+ Must be certified as a Medication Technician in the state within which services are provided
+ Must have current CPR Certification
**What you will do**
1. Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
2. Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
3. Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
4. Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
5. Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
6. Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the medication administration process, including the incorporation of universal precautions when indicated.
7. Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication administration.
8. Participating in data collection, medication audits, and other performance improvement activities related to medication administration.
9. Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions immediately to a supervisor.
10. Reordering and replacing medications and medication administration supplies, as needed, to perform routine job responsibilities.
11. Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
12. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
13. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
14. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
15. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
16. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
17. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
**Our investment in you**
+ Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
+ Time off & leave benefits
+ Tuition Reimbursement
+ Parental benefits
+ Perks and discounts
+ And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/ (https://wellpathcareers.com/#rewards)
**Need help finding the right job?**
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
**Facility** _KY Correctional Institute for Women_
**Shift** _Day 12 hour_
**Recruiter** _Fawn Collins_