Facility in Smithtown Area Long Island -
POSITION DESCRIPTION & EVALUATION
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA)
Responsibilities: Perform assigned patient care and related duties under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with the policies of assigned organization and the New York State Standards of Practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse. Reports to the assigned staffing coordinator for compliance with Affinity Medical Staffing policies. Is directly accountable to assigned facility nursing supervisory staff for onsite performance of assigned responsibilities.
Key tasks: Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs personal care and related tasks for an assigned group of patients. Assists patients with activities in daily living, to include meals and prescribed range of motion exercise. Transports and accompanies patients to service areas for diagnostic and treatment purposes as assigned. Performs required documentation of activities in accordance with organizational policies.
Qualifications: Current license/registration to practice as a Practical Nurse in the State of NY. Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in US.
Experience: Minimum 1 year full time experience in a hospital (acute care) or Skilled Nursing Facility (long term care) preferred or required by assigned facility.
Requirements: Successful completion of Affinity Medical Staffing pharmacology and clinical skills testing programs. Current BCLS certification. Documentation of required annual attendance at Fire Safety and Infection Control education programs or completion of Affinity Medical Staffing annual self study/testing program.
Physical requirements: Submission of physician statement attesting to satisfactory health. 2 step PPD, chest X-ray if indicated by PPD results, immunization history, Hepatitis B vaccination or declination statement. Annual physician statement of satisfactory health including PPD. Must be able to meet physical requirements of assigned organization for CNA in assigned areas.
Required attributes: Reliable and Dependable compliance with assigned schedule. Professional accountability for maintaining current credentials on file at Affinity Medical Staffing. Submission of accurate, complete and updated skills assessment and learning needs to Affinity Medical Staffing Office, Timely completion of annual education and health screening requirements.
- Performs personal care to assigned patients
- Communicates with RN re patient care questions, problems or issues
- Participates in care planning by notifying the responsible RN of patient needs
- Performs medication assignments in accordance with assigned organization policies and procedures
- Performs required skills in accordance with practice standards and instructions for assigned organization
- Documents complete, accurate and timely nursing notes and summaries
- Follows infection control practices and procedures
- Demonstrates care, compassion and patience in dealing with patients and families
- Recognizes problem situations and asks for supervisory assistance as needed
- Performs duties in accordance with Patient/Residents Rights, Pain Management protocols
- Adheres to assigned department and organization rules and regulations
- Adapts to new work methods and other changes without incident
- Maintains confidentiality of internal patient information
- Works with others in a cooperative, friction-free manner
- Follows professional dress and appearance code
- Maintains satisfactory levels of attendance and punctuality