Join the cheese family! shifts per week). This isn’t your ordinary cheese or wine job — this position also includes wine and beer service, minor food prep, register service, and more. The work is varied and that's what makes it fun! The more you like to dig in and learn about fermentation, the better. Candidates must be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
About Mission Cheese
Mission Cheese focuses on celebrating American artisan cheese in a format that merges retail cheese shop, café, wine/beer bar concepts. More specifically, Mission Cheese is focused on celebrating the artisan and farmstead cheese movement that has blossomed in the US in recent years. We source and serve only delicious domestic cheeses for our cheese flights, pressed sandwiches, mac and cheese, etc. A key component of the business is the education of our customers about the cheeses they are eating, as well as the farmers and cheesemakers that make Mission Cheese possible.
We are passionate about good food and exceptional service. The work atmosphere is fast-paced, positive, and fun. The ability to hustle is required, as is the desire to be a part of an established team. We value employees that are excited about helping to develop and grow our young business, and want to learn about the American artisanal food and beverage industries.
What makes Mission Cheese special?
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic work environment - we're constantly evolving!
• Passionate about finding, developing, and serving responsibly-produced handmade goods
• Regular visits to farms, creameries, wineries, breweries
• Competitive compensation
• Opportunities for professional development within a small, growing company
• Opportunities for profit sharing
At Mission Cheese, there are multiple workstations, and each employee has a chance to perform in each of them. We are not hiring for a particular position, but rather a member of our cheese team.
• Artistically plates, runs, and describes cheese flights
• Assists customers in selecting retail cheese
• Provides food and beverage service in a professional manner
• Curates an experience for customers at the register, providing suggestions and guidance through the menu
• Learns and retains knowledge of cheese, wine, beer, and food products
• Efficiently prepares a variety of foods prior to opening
• Cleans and resets for the next day in the closing shift
• Keeps the kitchen tidy and sanitary, washing dishes and sanitizing in real time
• Is passionate about good food, especially cheese
• Is able and excited to curate a culinary experience
• Has experience working in a fast-paced environment where hustle is required
• Is enthusiastic about workspace cleanliness
• Can handle numerous food tickets in an efficient manner
• Has experience in the artisanal cheese industry (desirable but not req.)
• Has hospitality/kitchen/service experience (desirable but not req.)
• Is able to lift up to 40 lbs
• Listens and communicates well with staff, managers, and guests
• Accepts constructive criticism and makes adjustments accordingly
• Is able to perform under pressure
• Maintains a positive attitude and productive energy-level
• Displays professionalism when assisting guests and communicating with co-workers
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a commitment to providing excellent product and service to our guests.
We look forward to your application!