Caesars Entertainment is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown into a family of affiliated resort casinos on four continents. Caesars-affiliated casino resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Affiliates of Caesars also own the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. The Caesars Entertainment family’s success is a result of an unblinking focus of building loyalty and value with guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars and its affiliates are committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognize the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Team members of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Ownership every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
To assist the Executive Chef with the day to day running of the department and be responsible for the outlet and overall quality of products produced.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and implement menus that fit the requirements of a particular outlet as set out by the Executive Chef.
- Provide recipes, training and experience to all staff so as to improve on all things where possible.
- To relay any information from the kitchen or too the kitchen that is relevant to the daily operation of the department through daily briefings or staff meetings.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and good personal hygiene.
- To be aware of and adhere to company policies and statutory requirements with regards to health and safety, sanitation, fire procedures and HACCP.
- To develop, help and give support to colleagues so they will in turn develop on a professional level.
- To ensure that you report to work on time as per culinary department schedules.
- Report any sickness or absence from work using the correct procedures.
- Ensure that the staff maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in and around all culinary work areas .and ensure that all colleagues clean their stations after every service.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to instruct this to all culinary colleagues.
- To maintain a good work environment by following up defects using the correct and proper procedures and also striving to improve the work environment by making sure we have the correct tools for the job.
- To set and maintain a very high food standard for all colleagues to aspire to and learn from.
- To understand and co-operate with all other hotel departments at all times.
- Ensure food is handled in a respectful manner and is processed and stored in accordance with HACCP.
- To ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
- Ensure all fridges and food storage areas are impeccably maintained during service and that all products is properly rotated, dated, and stored at end of your shift.
- Co-ordinate with other areas with regards to menu implementation or banquets.
- Follow up on outstanding work orders.
- Attend or organize someone to attend in their absence, daily briefing with the Executive Chef and have an open information forum that can then be translated within your daily briefing.
- Provide necessary training to staff for relevant jobs and cooking procedures.
- Liaise with restaurant managers and headwaiters on a daily basis.
- Organize and plan annual leave schedules and statutory holidays.
- Minimize wastage and spoilage by monitoring occupancy forecasts.
- Arrange and organize culinary colleagues for outside catering and buffet attendances.
- Understand, participate and encourage staff to save company money and prevent wastage (water, electricity, breakage, etc)
- To be willing to undertake additional duties and responsibilities of work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Ensure all food items that have been ordered are of a suitable price, quality and standard for our guests.
- Must be on station 30 minutes prior to service and ensure all stations are manned, stocked and ready for relevant periods.
- Must be able to empower oneself with other colleagues when an issue of poor quality product could affect our guests’ dining experience. Must take appropriate and immediate action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and take pride in one’s work .This must be reflected in the product produced for our guests to consume.
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude when dealing with all colleagues and train them to consistently adhere to the quality standards of the Culinary department at all times
Knowledge of available food products, vendors, and distributors of the local market place. Team player with high motivational skills. Should further be adept at determining seasonality, origin, and quality of food products. Must be able to identfy trends in price fluxations and offer viable solutions. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions. High school education or equivalent. Culinary Arts degree or Apprenticeship program preferred. Minimum of 5 years culinary experience preferred. Experience in high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred. Five years supervisory experience preferred. Valid Food Safety Handling Certification.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Requires mobility. Sense of smell, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Work is performed in the kitchen environment of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
The above statements are intended to describe