Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether youre an experienced professional or a new graduate, youll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that haveinspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Civil Engineer/Project Manager to join our civil department in our Raleigh, NC office. This position will work on a variety of projects for clients within the commercial, industrial, and government sector. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals, and the opportunity to mentor entry-level staff in the application of the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design for public, institutional, commercial and industrial site development, and capital improvement projects. Responsibilities
- Site/civil development including grading design, roadway design, storm water management systems design, and erosion and sediment control design, using Civil 3D.
- Project Manager responsible for client relationship management.
- Preparation of all associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Collaborating and managing design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- May also conduct code research, write specifications, and obtain permitting.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. in CivilEngineering required; Masters degree preferred.
- 6-10 years ofexperience required.
- PE license in North Carolina is required.
- Experience withAutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft office is required.
- Must haveexcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to workin a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, sub consultants, and county/agency review staff.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberrys background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.