Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area.Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the citys poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families including veterans experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organizations responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New Yorks programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack is the organizations signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter home has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Finance Clerk is responsible for timely, accurate processing and, recording of all program invoices. Maintain filing system for paid and unpaid invoices.
High school diploma and one year of data entry and clerical experience in an accounting department. Good interpersonal and communications skills.
1. Receive, stamp, sort and distribute accounts payable mail each day.
2. Prepare batches.
3. Responsible for maintain filing system of paid invoices in A/P department. File both completed paid and unpaid vouchers.
4. Pull vouchers requested by various departments throughout the agency and maintain record of borrowed documents.
5. Enter invoices into accounts payable system (MIP)
6. Trace and retrieve documents from electronic purchase order system (Verian) and from paid invoice files.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Timely processing of invoices.
2. Record keeping properly organized and maintained.
3. Timely response to requests from Billing staff and Accounting staff.
4. Maintain a professional and successful relation with various departments agency wide while fulfilling their requests.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.Job Requirements: