The Clinical Director is accountable for the 24-hour operations of the assigned departments and/or units. Responsible for clinical care delivery, for leadership of Associates, for fiscal stewardship of the department's/unit(s)' resources, and for the creation of a positive clinical and Associate work environment. Contributes to the organization's and the system's success in clinical outcomes, service to all customers (patients, families, physicians, and Associates), and to a positive financial state. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited program
Effective 4/1/2016 all Associates entering this job must have three (3) years of experience on current unit or specialty OR four (4) years of experience in acute care hospital setting or comparable specialty area
Licensed to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed or compact license
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification.
MSN is preferred degree
Nursing Administration or National certification in the clinical specialty.
- Identified leadership competencies.
- Use of PC and applications including word processing.
- Ability to use data, interpret reports, analyze, draw conclusions, and make appropriate plans.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Clinical Operations: Is accountable for the assigned service areas 24 hours/7days. Responsible for the delivery of effective patient care through staff Associates. Leads development and implementation of strategies for the safety of patients. Responsive to the outcomes of clinical care by participation in the development and implementation of improvement solutions. Responsive to the outcomes of customer satisfaction by participation in the development and implementation of improvement solutions.
- Associate Management: Hires, coaches, develops, and evaluates the performance of associates. Works through Patient Care Coordinators to ensure effective deployment of the care delivery system. Coaches PCCs in leadership of associates. Creates positive work environments. Accountable for associate retention and engagement outcomes. Ensures effective and efficient use of human resources. Appropriately plans staffing and scheduling. Collaborates across appropriate system resources for education and development of Associates.
- Fiscal Management: Participates in planning activities regarding the services. Develops budgets for human, other operating and capital budgets. Effectively deploys the fiscal plan for the scope of responsibility. Understands and analyzes fiscal variances and initiates appropriate plans for management. Effectively uses data and outcome information from various systems and sources.
- Environmental Management & General Management of the Business: Ensures continued readiness regarding accreditation and regulatory requirements. Responsible for the general upkeep of the physical facilities and patient care equipment. Leads implementation of technology and other assigned projects.
- Professional Practice Leadership: Serves as professional role model for the discipline of nursing and models high level professionalism through knowledge and actions. Completes high level professional designations, such as board certifications and takes an active role in professional leadership both locally and regionally.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work - exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical Technologist, Neurology, Manager, Medical, Healthcare, Management