National Cardiovascular Partners is seeking a Clinical Manager for our facility in Katy, TX, Advanced Cardiovascular Center at Houston Methodist West.
As the nations leading provider of independent outpatient interventional lab facilities, NCP works hard to acquire, retain and grow leading talent in our industry. We understand that our people are the driver for our continued success and we have designed our culture to foster growth, reward performance and support the lives of the people that come in and out of our offices and lab facilities every day. Following are just a few of the different ways we strive to treat our teammates better:
Provides support and acts as second in command to Clinical Director. Supplements Clinical Director in directing, coordinating, and controlling all aspects of the operating functions, processes, and staff of the center (i.e. patient care, support, and administrative) while demonstrating the primary goal of efficiently providing clinical services that exceed customer/partner expectations and improve clinical operations.
Requires frequent and constant judgment, leadership, and the ability to make decisions and solve problems immediately; occasionally in response to disasters or emergencies, actual events or drills. Requires English language skills for constant high-level written, interpersonal, and effective telephone communications.
Requires visual and auditory acuity adequate for frequent use of computers and occasional use of other office equipment. Ability to move frequently throughout the Center to supervise employees and activities, to sit for long periods, and to perform desk, office, and administrative activities.
Requires frequent and constant judgment, leadership, and the ability to make decisions and solve problems immediately; occasionally in response to disasters or emergencies, actual events or drills. Requires English language skills for constant high-level written and interpersonal communications.
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens; frequent exposure to chemical hazards; may encounter radiation hazards.
- Values Fit: Demonstrates behaviors consistent with character, competency, passion, humility
- Achievement Orientation/GSD: The ability and sense of urgency to prioritize and act in a way that leads to getting the right stuff done.
- Communicating: The ability to effectively exchange information with various stakeholder in a manner that makes meaningful results possible.
- Leads Team: The ability to create a compelling local vision consistent with NCPs vision, mission, and values.
- Clinical Excellence: The ability to consistently deliver outstanding clinical results.
Essential Job Functions
Supports the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Facility.
- Supports, and performs according to, approved policies and procedures.
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the quality management process; identifies role and contributions upon request.
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process.
Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and noncompliance according to Facility policy.
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure.
Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Documents that information received from the patient is disseminated to the appropriate people or areas.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient data and responses to questions and instructions.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to emergency situations. Provides equipment and supplies appropriate to the patient's age group.
Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging opportunities and responsibilities.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions or criticisms and attempts to improve performance or seeks further guidance as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees, in-services, seminars, workshops, conferences, quality management activities according to job responsibilities and Facility requirements.
- Maintains membership in relevant professional organizations.
Contacts vendors to obtain required equipment and supplies.
- Maintains current files, records, and catalogs for equipment and sales representatives who service surgery centers.
- Researches information and vendors to locate specialized equipment requested by the Medical Staff and approved by Governance.
- Meets with vendor representatives to review new items available and pricing changes.
Maintains proper levels and timely distribution of inventory.
- Places orders for requisitioned items according to Facility policy.
- Verifies that orders are delivered and in place as needed.
- Supervises receiving area to maintain security.
Reviews surgery schedule to identify inventory and equipment required.
- Reviews surgery schedules to anticipate unusually high or low demand for supplies.
- Informs supervisor of requirements for special procedures.
Maintains systems for collection and maintenance of records and documentation of supplies, equipment, and systems.
- Reviews all invoices for accuracy by coordinating packing slips and purchase orders.
- Maintains current order and back order files and records; reviews to determine delays.
- Monitors back orders; communicates with accounts payable to facilitate accurate payment.
- Reports discrepancies to supervisor before payment of invoices.
- Determines and maintains appropriate material inventory levels to meet the requirements of scheduled procedures.
- Demonstrates consistent clinical outcomes as measured by survey readiness every day, achieving maximum accreditation on all surveys (JHACO/COLA), consistent improvement of quality outcomes
- Consistently maintains Patient Satisfaction scores at or above 95% net promoter score with greater than 60% rate of return
- Manages labor costs to budget
- Registered Nurse license (active) or Registered Radiology Technologist/ARRT required
- ACLS/BLS Certification required
- Graduate of accredited school required; Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field
- Minimum three years experience in a management position in the health field.
- Directly related experience in a cardiac cath lab, ICU, and ER highly prefer