Clinical Nurse -Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PT) Rotating
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date May 11, 2020
Requisition # 180003GJ
**Post Anesthesia Care Unit**
**_Part Time 2x12 hour shifts p/week_**
Prior post-anesthesia or critical care experience preferred, BLS and ACLS required, PALS certification within one year of hire required.
Provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned unit. Assesses, plans, organizes, provides, and evaluates nursing care utilizing the nursing process and critical thinking. Makes nursing judgments and decisions and assumes responsibility for nursing care and documentation.
1. Identifies patient health-related problems and risk states and develops nursing care plans accordingly. Assists other nurses in assessment, diagnosis, care planning, and evaluation of outcomes.
2. Provides individualized nursing care, recognizes and takes appropriate action for significant changes in patient conditions.
3. Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and makes necessary modifications to assist with optimal patient outcomes.
4. Establishes relevant, evidence-based and safe nursing interventions and priorities when providing nursing care, including administering of medications.
5. Collaborates effectively with patient, patient's significant others, and members of the health care team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Acts as a resource to peers, student nurses, medical students, house officers, and other health care providers.
6. Communicates patient status through verbal, electronic, and written means with other health care providers, and takes appropriate action for patient well-being.
7. Observes patient to recognize nursing needs. Implements care/interventions directly when needed (physical, social or emotional) or indirectly by collaboration with other nursing team members, physicians or members of other health care disciplines.
8. Collaborates with colleagues to ensure patient and family involvement with discharge planning and the achievement of identified needs through teaching or referrals. Assumes responsibility for ensuring an integrated discharge planning process.
9. Identifies and offers solutions to patient care delivery issues through quality improvement, continuing education, research, and peer review activities.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
+ Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with 1 year of experience.
+ Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses with 2 years' experience.
* All Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses must commit to completing a BSN or higher nursing degree within 10 years of their hire date.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
+ Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support Policy
+ ACLS Certificate required upon hire in Endoscopy, Tele-ICU, Day Surgery Center at CGP (Manchester), Life Safety and Cardiology-Echocardiography