Clinical Nurse Supervisor (FT), Family Medicine - Days
**Bedford, NH, USA**
Post Date Apr 03, 2019
Requisition # 190000Z0
Coordinates nursing regimens in caring for the needs of patients through collaboration with multiple disciplines including other health care providers, managers, employers, etc. Supervises assigned staff and partners with leaders in developing clinical programs.
**Responsibilities:** A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Assesses, evaluates, treats or triages and documents medical problems using the nursing process. Responds to triage calls/pages and provides appropriate advice, recommendations, follow-up as indicated. Collaborates with the health care providers on cases that require further medical intervention.
2. May assess patients exposed to communicable disease and blood and body fluids. Identifies and directs issues which require intervention by Infectious Disease specialists and/or Safety. May assist with the management and surveillance of infectious disease and other exposures including investigating the circumstances of the exposure, providing counseling to patients, and maintaining the necessary documentation and reports.
3. Coordinates medical surveillance programs to include PPD skin testing, influenza, immunizations, drug and alcohol screens, spirometry, audiometry, urine dips, visual acuity and color blind testing.
4. Provides screening including review of health history, immunization and PPD updates, injury prevention and health education with direct data entry. Collaborates with health care providers for cases with findings that may require a focused exam. Reviews, tracks and enters lab/titer results.
5. Assists in care coordination of patients, including communication with other teams.
6. Tracks, compiles and coordinates the gathering of outstanding test and laboratory results required for various examinations and visits. Coordinates the notification process and follow-up appointments with support staff as recommended by health care providers.
7. Responds to patient questions concerning treatment, medication, modified duty, and requests including prescription refills.
8. Documents personal health information.
9. Compiles and summarizes data for reporting purposes.
10. Serves as a resource to licensed practical nurses and licensed assistive personnel; provides direction and assists, as necessary, in the performance of duties appropriately delegated in accordance with professional standards.
11. Serves as a supervisor/mentor for staff and colleagues.
12. Develops and implements systems and processes to deliver high quality, comprehensive services.
13. May participate in the planning and delivery of employee related services including new employee orientation, monitoring of employee injuries, and prevention measures.
14. Oversees departmental programs such as blood and body fluid exposures, communicable disease exposures, and PPD surveillance. Tracks and provides compliance/conversion statistics. Ensures that related treatment guidelines and documentation are current and reflect the latest regulatory agency requirements and are consistent with infection control guidelines.
15. Serves as the clinical point person to answer questions and issues such as return to work.
16. Interviews, selects, directs and evaluates assigned clinical staff. Provides performance evaluations, orientation and oversight of clinical support staff.
17. Maintains current knowledge of legislative, Federal, State, CMS, JCAHO, CDC, NIOSH, OSHA and D-H regulatory requirements.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
+ Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
+ 5 years of experience in a directly related healthcare role
+ Supervisory experience preferred.
+ Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; organizational skills with attention to detail necessary.
+ Must possess a valid driver’s license.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
+ Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required.