Clinical Nurse Supervisor (FT), Neuro/Neuro Special Care Unit - Days
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Oct 27, 2020
Requisition # 190003X0
The Clinical Nurse Supervisor manages patient assignments and flow within inpatient care unit. Provides oversight of direct patient care to support patient and staff needs. Serves as a lead, clinical resource, role model, and extension of management to uphold institutional priorities, policies and practices.
Neuroscience/ENT (5W) is a 21-bed general Medical-Surgical level and epilepsy monitoring unit. The primary patient population includes neurology, neurosurgery, and ear, nose and throat (ENT) patients. Neuroscience/ENT provides specialized nursing care for patients with: strokes, epilepsy, brain and/or spinal cord tumors/injuries, movement disorders, laryngectomies and tracheotomies.
Our units have a diverse patient population which provides an excellent learning environment to build a foundation for professional growth. We have a team approach and have a very active shared governance and practice area council. With the support of our clinical nurse supervisors and nurse educator, we provide a Neuro-specific learning environment for initial and continuous professional development with opportunities to cross-train amongst the other neuro units (Neurocritical Care Unit & Neuro Special Care Unit).
1. Assigns staff to patients per current unit workload. Considers pod acuity, staff experience and competency, learning needs and patient acuity/complexity when considering shift assignments.
2. Participates in performance management of staff members to include coaching, preparation of performance evaluations, and the performance management process. Initiates disciplinary action as appropriate.
3. Addresses conflicts as they may arise. Assists/mediates to maintain smooth operations of the unit. Involves unit leadership or House Supervisor as appropriate.
4. Facilitates timely admissions and discharges to optimize clinical capacity.
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ Must have Neuro experience
+ Must have Progressive Care experience
+ Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
+ Bachelor's Degree (e.g. BSN, BA, BS) at time of hire, or degree expected within 36 months of hire.
+ 2 years of progressive responsibility within an acute care setting required.
+ Specialty certification preferred.
+ Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within assigned unit.
+ Excellent written, verbal and computer skills required.
+ Demonstrated abilities with problem solving, leadership, communication, fiscal responsibility and teamwork.
+ Ability to work effectively in groups of employees and with patients and patient families is essential.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
+ Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHAand Life Support Policy.