Communications Technician (PT), Tele-Communications, Days
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Jan 08, 2020
Requisition # 2000000Q
Assists all callers by soliciting sufficient information to identify the nature and urgency of the call in order to refer and/or respond appropriately.
**Responsibilities:** A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Acts as first contact in assisting callers, patients and staff in placing, receiving calls in a 24x7 environment. Solicits sufficient information from each caller to determine nature and urgency of call. Determines how to best refer the call using listed directories, consult and on call information for each clinic, or defined office practices.
2. Transfers calls, completes directory look ups, completes radio pages, checks census, checks paging status and records, and completes and checks messaging services.
3. First line notification for all institutional emergencies. Operates all equipment used during an emergency including the back-up paging encoder, the fire alarm system (including the audio announce portion), the security radio system, the digitize monitor system, and the emergency telephone system.
4. Recognizes, triages, and responds to external emergency calls (e.g. attempted suicide, illness, child abuse) remaining on the line after the referral to ensure caller is appropriately connected. Completes standard procedures.
5. Acts as the voice of the Clinic and the Referring Physician Services after hours, receiving all office calls.
6. Acts as the Communications Help Desk when required.
7. Acts as base for the Security radio system after regular office hours.
8. Notifies physicians of patient admissions and appropriate staff of changes in Patient Census information according to the patient admission protocol.
9. Responds to patient inquiries from employees and the public according to Hospital privacy policies. Releases only authorized patient information or transfer inquiry to appropriate hospital staff.
10. Relays information changes for Data Base resources including (but not limited to) staff on-call lists, information directories and indexes to the appropriate people.
11. Keeps Communications supervisors informed of telecommunications and computer equipment problems or breakdown. Acts as liaison when required between supervisor and appropriate vendor service.
12. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ High school graduate with 2 years of telecommunications, hospital, clerical/reception, or customer service required.
+ Basic computer skills required.
+ On the job training program provided.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**